Occasional travel - Travel requirements will vary based upon the position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 1 investigation level)
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
GS-7 Level - The GS-7 salary range starts at $45,972.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
Specialized Experience:Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience gathering data and applying analytical and evaluative techniques to identify and resolve issues/problems relating to business and management practices and procedures, organizational structure, and/or work processes; compiling and presenting data orally and/or in writing; and interpreting and applying regulations and/or policies. OR
Education: Applicants must have one of the following:
- Completed at least one full year of graduate level education (18 semester hours or the equivalent); OR
- Class standing -- You must be in the upper third of your graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
- Grade-point average(rounded to one decimal point) of:
- 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum; or
- 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during your final 2 years of the curriculum.
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies
GS-9 Level - The GS-9 salary range starts at $56,233.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
Specialized Experience:Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience in research and investigation of new and improved business and management practices which included the following: assisting in conducting studies of statistical, descriptive, or evaluative information, materials, and data; assisting in the preparation and delivery of briefings to management and/or senior staff employees on study findings and recommendations; and interpretation and application of acquisition regulations and principles. OR
Education: Applicants must have a Master's or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B. or J.D., or 2 academic years of progressively higher level graduate education in a related field. OR
Combination of Education & Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education (beyond the Bachelor's Degree) and specialized experience (as described above) that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.
Bargaining Unit status: NFFE
If you are selected at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without having to re-apply or compete against other applicants.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
If you are selected, you will participate in a developmental program. You will be given assignments and training to prepare you to be successful in the position.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring your, or for firing you after you begin work.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be reviewed to determine whether you have: (a) demonstrated you meet the qualifications for the position; and (b) provided all of the required documentation for consideration.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
To preview questions please click here.