Information Technology Specialist (Security)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on 03/19/2018 . Please carefully read and follow the HOW TO APPLY instructions.
U.S. Citizenship or Legal Resident is required for this appointment.
Must submit an updated college transcript.
Must sign FDA Pathways Program Participant Agreement.
Must serve a trial period (2 years or the duration of the PMF program).
Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
Pre-employment physical required: No
Financial disclosure statement may be required: Yes.
Drug testing required: No
License required: No
Mobility agreement required: No.
Immunization required: No
Bargaining Unit Position: No.
Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No.
1. Presidential Management Fellow candidates from the Class of 2018 (STEM).
2. In order to qualify for the Information Technology Specialist (Security), GS-2210-11 , applicants must meet the following Basic Requirement and either of the Minimum Qualifications as follows:
A. Basic Requirement:
- Have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies; (1) Attention to Detail - being thorough when monitoring information systems and security and data privacy program activities including reviewing security plans and privacy assessments for sensitive systems; (2) Customer Service - working with stakeholders in coordinating information security and privacy, systems development life cycle actions, technology management, and quality assurance; (3) Oral Communication - providing advice on work methods, practices, and procedures to staff and customers as it relates to information technology; and (4) Problem Solving - applying risk management and assessment techniques to recommend technical solutions to issues affecting IT systems and PII.
- Have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade of GS 9 or equivalent band level of responsibility in the Federal service planning and organizing PII system security projects and/or resolving system security weaknesses and providing technical and administrative support as it relates to IT security and privacy policies and procedures. OR
- Have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or a field that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. OR
- Have 3 full years of related progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. in the education fields as stated above. Note: One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school you attended has determined to represent one year of study. If this information cannot be obtained from your transcripts, we will consider 18 semester/27 quarter hours to be equal to one year of full-time study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/.
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT: If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
PROGRAM COMPLETION AND CONVERSION: Program participants may be converted, without a break in service, to a term, career or career conditional appointment upon completion of program requirements. To be eligible for conversion, Presidential Management Fellow must meet all of the following:
- Citizenship requirement
- Complete two continuous year of work experience acquired through a Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program
- Qualification standards for the position to which the Presidential Management Fellow will be converted
- Any agency-specific requirements specified in the Participant's Agreement
- Demonstrate successful job performance that results in a rating of record of at least fully successful and a recommendation for conversion by the first level supervisor.
SELECTIVE SERVICE: The Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that all male applicants born after 12/31/59 who are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, be registered or they are not eligible for appointment to this position. For further information concerning Selective Service requirements, please visit: http://www.sss.gov. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 03/19/2018), a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be conducted, the information will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your eligibility for Federal employment, and then whether or not you are qualified for this particular position.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Applicants meeting the eligibility and minimum qualification requirements will be referred for selection without ranking, in accordance with applicable veterans' preference requirements. The information you provide may be verified by a review of work experience and/or education, by checking references and through other means (e.g., interview).
Your evaluation may also include a review by a Human Resources Specialist or panel and may include other assessments (e.g., interview, panel review, etc.).