Security Specialist (Information)
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET Security Clearance based on a single scope background investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for access to sensitive compartmented information (SCI).
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, individual must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel will be required 25% or less of the work schedule.
- A two year trial period is required unless previously completed in a DCIPS position.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of progressively responsible intelligence related security experience equivalent to the GG/GS-12 grade level in the Federal service which includes, identifying and protecting classified and sensitive documents, material, and/or facilities from national security threats in relation to the multi-functional activity security program such as perform one or more of the following: Information, Personnel, Physical, Industrial, Communication Security and Foreign Disclosure of the Army Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities Program (TENCAP) and Special Access Program (SAP).0729196
NOTE: Creditable specialized experience may include previous military intelligence experience, experience gained in the private sector or in another government agency as long as it was at a level at least equivalent to the next lower grade in the series.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Industrial Security
- Information Security
- Personnel Security
- Physical Security
- Security Program Management
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are 'not' authorized.
- Recruitment/Relocation/Retention Incentives are 'not' authorized.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 35 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.