Information Technology Specialist, CG-2210-13
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
Applicant must have at least one-year of specialized experience equivalent to the CG/GS-12 level, in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience administering and maintaining web based programs, including internal and external websites, and document management services such as SharePoint and Adobe CQ.
You must have Information Technology (IT)-related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Skill in internet design principles and methods, programing languages and tools, and file formats used to deliver web content.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the content management, collaboration, and security features of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Skill in using Web authoring and Web content management (WCM) tools, such as Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer, Adobe CQ, Photoshop, graphics, multimedia, and survey builder software.
- Skill, and experience, with testing, documenting, and evaluating application systems, COTS products, and hardware and software.
- Knowledge in applying Internet Services, project management principles and methods. You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation