Student Trainee (Administrative)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Eligibility Requirement: To be eligible for the Pathways Summer Internship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student in a qualifying educational institution/program on a full or half-time basis. Click here for definition of a qualifying education institution/program - https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/qualifications/qualifying-education/
- Applicants who graduate college at the conclusion of the Spring 2018 semester may only be considered if they are also accepted for enrollment for the Fall 2018 semester. Proof of enrollment is required.
- Be in good academic standing (overall GPA of 2.5 or higher)
- Current Students - a current transcript showing your schedule for the current and/or upcoming semester is sufficient proof of enrollment.
- Re-enrolled Students - a letter from the registrar's office, on the university/college letterhead, showing you are currently enrolled for the upcoming semester will serve as proof of enrollment.
All qualification requirements must be met by May 2018.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
UNDER GRADUATE EDUCATION: For undergraduate level education, successfully completed education is credited based on its relationship to 120 semester hours or 180 quarter hours. For example, 30 semesters hours or 45 quarter hours is comparable to 1 year of undergraduate education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
FRTIB offers a monthly transit subsidy for a portion of your commuting costs to help defray the commuting costs of employees who use mass transportation, including commuter bus, Metrorail, Metrobus, or commuter rail systems;
FRTIB offices are conveniently located within a few blocks of the Union Station Metro Station.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. Candidates will be evaluated based solely on basic eligibility requirements using OPM Qualification standards. Candidates who meet the qualification requirements will be referred in an unranked order by preference status.
Veteran's Preference: If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit documentation described in the "Required Documents" section. For more information regarding veteran's preference please go to http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documents, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications, you may be excluded from further consideration for this position.