Intern, Wildlife Insights Marketing
INTERN, WILDLIFE INSIGHTS MARKETING
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Wildlife Insights is an innovative platform that aims to build on existing camera trap monitoring efforts to create the most comprehensive wildlife monitoring platform on the planet. By connecting data providers with decision makers and using a standardized and adaptable end-to-end technology solution, this platform will advance data-driven wildlife conservation. The ultimate goal of this ambitious effort is to help stabilize and recover global wildlife populations.
Wildlife Insights partners have many 1000's of registered users that form a rich community that we need to stay connected with. The intern will assist in data mining, marketing, and outreach to our end-users and the larger community interested in wildlife data and related technology. The intern would assist in compiling a WI user database and assist in building an outreach tool via Salesforce or a similar marketing tool. In addition, the intern would assist in developing initial marketing strategies for the Widllife Insights program and platform updates. The end goal is a system and workflow that Widllfie Insights can use to maintain to stay connected to our current users and growing community.
- Data mining: Work with Wildlife Insight partners to gather contact information and demographics and build a comprehensive user database.
- Tool Development: Build an outreach tool (via salesforce or some similar marketing tool) targeted at the Wildlife Insights community.
- Marketing and Outreach: Assists in launching the outreach tools that connect WI to the larger community and their specific users. Assists in creating a marketing plan for Wildlife Insights as a public, cloud-based camera trap data management network. Assists in identifying target audiences and development of material to help promote the publicity of Wildlife Insights program and platform.
- Typical office environment.
- Current student, pursuing either a Bachelor's or Master's degree in marketing, communications, development or related field.
- Experience with data management and excellent computer related skills.
- Familiarity of marketing tools (e.g., Salesforce, MailChimp, etc.).
- Experience developing marketing plans and identifying target audiences.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to email@example.com and include "accommodation" in the subject line.