CYS Facility Director NF-04
Occasional travel - 10% or less of travel is required annually on and off post.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are negotiable.
Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in the fields appropriate to the position consistent with Child Development Facilities. The education must have been in child development, early childhood education, home economics (early childhood emphasis), elementary education, special education or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled such as related behavioral science.
A combination of education and experience - courses equivalent to a major in a subject matter field (24 semester hours) appropriate to the position (see above), plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge
comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course of study described above.
In addition to the basic requirements stated above candidate must possess the following:
- 24 months of professional experience in managing a child or youth facility is required. This experience must be equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower level to include the following:
1. Demonstrated experience in managing an entire cycle of operation of a CYS facility to include budgeting, facility management, supply management, program development, implementation, selection, training and supervision of personnel and curriculum oversight.
2. The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
3. Comprehensive oral and communications skills and analytical writing skills.
4. Ability to present ideas and proposals to a variety of audiences.
1. Previous work experience managing a medium to large capacity Child Development facility or equivalent is preferred; managing about 150 or more individuals (children and employees).
2. Previous work experience developing work schedules for employees is preferred.
3. Possessing a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred.
NOTE: A copy of your official or unofficial college transcripts must be submitted with your application package.
** NOTE: Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications and highly preferred criteria will be referred to the selecting official first. All other applicants will be referred as needed and requested by the selecting official. Applicants experience has to be clearly identified in your application package in order to receive consideration. **
If using education to qualify for this position. A copy of your unofficial or official college transcripts must be submitted with your application package to support your qualifications for this position. Failure to supply unofficial or official college transcripts with your application package will result in disqualification for this position.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are negotiable, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)