Legal Administrative Specialist (Litigation Support)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to be considered qualified at the GS-13 grade level, you must also demonstrate in your resume and responses to the assessment questionnaire that you possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service. This specialized experience must establish your ability to perform in a technical support position requiring use of automated computer systems, litigation support software, and electronic databases.
Your application will be evaluated on the following Core Competencies:
- Knowledge of and ability to oversee the application of electronic systems and software to a nationwide litigation program and to plan and implement such applications.
- Demonstrated ability to provide ongoing technical support and consultation to legal unit staff and to store case-related data on server.
- Knowledge and experience in managing the use of Concordance, CaseMap, Lexis Nexis LAW Pre-Discovery, and electronic databases.
- Demonstrated ability to provide specialized training to attorneys and paralegal staff on a variety of litigation support software and other relevant technology.
- Demonstrated ability to organize data and records.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
There is no educational requirement.
- *SALARY WILL BE ADJUSTED TO REFLECT LOCALITY PAY.
- Current Federal employees must meet Time-In-Grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period of 1 year.
- EEOC will not pay travel, transportation and relocation expenses.
- You may be required to travel and you may be required to apply for a government travel card.
- A background investigation is required and continued employment is contingent on completion of that process to determine suitability for federal employment.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence or dishonesty handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review and evaluate your resume and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your resume and supporting documentation to assess the quality, depth and complexity of your accomplishments, experience and education as they relate to the core competencies listed above.
You should be aware that all of your submissions and responses are subject to evaluation and verification. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
Applicants applying under Merit Promotion procedures will be rated in accordance with the Merit Staffing plan of EEOC. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.