Student Trainee (Business & Information Technology)
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for work assignments and training
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To qualify for the USDA Pathways Internship Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be enrolled at least on a half-time basis or accepted for enrollment as a degree/certificate seeking student.
- Must be in good academic standing as defined by the academic institution.
- Must submit unofficial transcript(s) or verification documentation. Official transcripts will be required if the applicant is selected for a position.
- Must be eligible for the Pathways program for the duration of the appointment.
Candidate must meet all the qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. The minimum qualification requirements for each grade level of this vacancy announcement are described below:
For GS-03: Completion of one full academic year of post-high school study.
For GS-04: Completion of an associate's degree or 2 academic years of post-high school study.
For GS-05: Completion of a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree. GS-05 interns are typically graduate students.
Note: One full academic year of undergraduate; graduate; vocational; trades; technical or high school is the number of credit hours by the college, university or school to represent 1 year of full-time study.
All academic degrees or course work must be completed in an educational institution that has obtained accreditation from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see http://www.edu.gov/
- Bargaining Unit Status: Eligible - Coverage is dependent upon unit location.
- BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
- Availability of government housing and day care facilities will vary by location.
- The incumbents of Internship positions may be reassigned/relocated to any geographical location where the employee’s services are needed as determined by management.
- Direct Deposit – Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of your choice
- If you are newly hired, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS “E-VERIFY” system. Federal law requires the use of E-VERIFY to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identification discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
GS-03 or GS-04
Please note, these positions are targeted toward students in undergraduate or graduate programs.
Please note, these positions are targeted toward students in graduate school.
These positions have a targeted effective date of May 27th, 2018. The expectation is that the interns can work full-time over the summer, though work schedules may vary. Some internships may be limited to local or other applicants who can work year-round while in school.
Before you submit an application for any of our vacancies, students should completely review the job description and requirements. Students should only apply for positions if they meet the required minimum educational qualifications AND program requirements described in the announcement.
If you have reviewed the announcement and believe that you meet both the minimum qualifications and the program requirements, you should document your experience and education in your resume. Since traditional resumes do not provide all the information needed to determine your status, you should create a more detailed resume to use when applying to Federal positions. Your resume should include:
- Anticipated graduation date
- GPA/academic standing
- Complete course work
- Work and/or volunteer experience including employment dates, salary and supervisor information
- References (minimum of two)
- Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, permanent address, contact phone number and email address.
Applicants, who meet the eligibility requirements of the Internship program and the basic minimum requirements established for the position, may be referred to the selecting official for consideration. Qualified applicants with veteran’s preference are listed ahead of applicants who do not have veteran’s preference.
To view the application form, visit: https://fs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=875FB66E-11AE-42EB-A0F7-A89B011DC871 Read more Security clearance Other