Human Resources Assistant (OA)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-6 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is experience maintaining personnel records, conducting new employee orientations, utilizing office automation to perform support operations, using online HR resources to obtain information, researching, interpreting and applying appropriate HR laws, regulations, policies and guidelines, using HR systems to process personnel actions, query and retrieve information and respond to inquiries.
At the GS-8 level Qualified candidates must possess:
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is experience utilizing office automation to prepare complex documents and perform support operations; researching interpreting and applying appropriate HR laws, regulations, policies and guidelines in human resources functional areas; using an HR database system to process personnel actions, query and retrieve information; using Microsoft Word and other automated databases to create documents and reports; responding to applicant inquiries; working on assignments directly related to recruitment and placement activities, and counseling employees on benefits entitlements.
In addition to the qualifications listed above, applicants must meet the following Selective Placement Factor (SPF) in order to be found qualified for the position:
Knowledge of and experience performing data entry, research, and analysis through the use of the National Finance Center (NFC) applications and databases.
A qualified typist is also required.
As part of the online application process you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies:
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence
- Written Communication
1. If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
2. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
3. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) allows eligible veterans to apply and compete for positions announced under merit promotion procedures when the hiring agency is recruiting from outside its own workforce. To be eligible for a VEOA appointment, a veteran must be separated from the military under honorable conditions and either a preference eligible or have substantially completed three (3) or more years of continuous active military service. If you wish to be considered under the VEOA, you must submit a copy of the Member Copy 4 of your DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty Record of Military Service), in addition to any other required documents listed on this announcement.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=Group-Standards.
5. Time-in-grade must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Merit Staffing Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of two pre-defined categories:
- Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
- Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
Any exaggeration of an applicant's experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating an applicant ineligible, not hiring the applicant, or for termination after he/she begins work. If a determination is made that in responding to the competency-based question an applicant has rated themselves higher than is evident in their resume, experience, and/or education, the applicant's score may be manually adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation