Broadcast Maintenance Technician (Multimedia)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be expected of this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
For the GS-13 level: Applicants must have one (1) year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Education cannot be substituted or combined at the GS-13 grade level. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples of such experience are: uses expert skill in reading and interpreting schematics or detailed design drawings for equipment and systems installed across all broadcast platforms and facilities; manages tasks of installation and repairs of digital and analog broadcast equipment and systems used to produce and broadcast multimedia (radio, TV, digital) programming; thoroughly and efficiently tests, repairs, and calibrates cross-platform broadcast equipment to meet U.S. and international broadcast standards; and prepares accurate and complete records of work performed and able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing with supervisors and peers. At this level you are an expert and can train others in the performance of duties.
Education cannot be substituted or combined for this position.
1. If you are an eligible Inter-agency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
2. If you are still on active duty, you may submit a statement of service from your Personnel Command which states the date you entered active duty, the date you are separating, and the campaign medals you have received. http://www.chcoc.gov/transmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?TransmittalID=4881.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
4. If selected, you will be subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of your credit.
5. If selected you will subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of our credit and legal history.
6. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Additional selections may be made if additional/identical vacancies occur within 90 days of certificate issuance.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once your resume or application is submitted, a review of your qualification will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements and competencies required for this position.
International Broadcasting Multimedia Applications
Multimedia Installation and Repair
Possession of competencies may be addressed in a cover letter or resume. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your qualifications. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.