Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer (Quality Systems)
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position. Travel up to 25% may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizenship is required for Federal employment.
- Time-in-Grade must be met by announcement close to be considered eligible.
- Selective Service registration is required for certain males based on DOB.
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Only experience gained by the closing date will be considered.
- Must submit transcript(s), and most recent SF-50 or PHS Personnel Action.
- Security and Background Requirements: Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Pre-employment physical: No
- Drug testing: No
- Ethics Pre-Employment Clearance: Yes
- License: No
- Mobility agreement: No
- Immunization: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- Incentives: No
- Financial disclosure statement, OGE-450, required: Please be advised that this position will be subject to FDA's prohibited financial interest regulation and may require the incumbent of this position to divest of certain financial interests. Applicants are advised to seek additional information on this requirement from the hiring official before accepting this position.
In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
In order to qualify for the Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-14, you must meet the following:
This position has an education requirement. Applicants must meet one of the following requirements.
A bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree in quality assurance or a related degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: consumer laws, biological sciences, food science, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, legal investigations, law enforcement, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours may include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
Combination of education and experience--courses consisting of at least 30 semester hours in the fields of study described in paragraph A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Your education must have been obtained at a college, university, or an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary, U.S. Department of Education (external link) at the time the degree was obtained.
In addition to meeting the educational requirements, candidates must possess 52 weeks of specialized experience at the next lower grade, equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service.
Specialized Experience: Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
Examples of specialized experience include:
- Managing and coordinating the development and implementation of major quality initiatives;
- Serving as a technical information resource on quality management system issues;
- Analyzing, tracking, and forecasting project deliverables;
- Developing metrics and metric analysis for monitoring system uniformity, consistency, and effectiveness;
- Evaluating data and evidence to formulate Agency direction or policy;
- Interpreting and implementing existing laws, regulations, and policies for impact on Agency mission; and
- Providing technical and administrative direction to staff.
Supervisory Qualification Requirement: The candidate chosen for this position must serve a one-year supervisory probationary period if s/he has never completed a supervisory probationary period in the federal service.
You must submit a copy of your transcripts to document that you have met the education requirement. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to beginning employment. Most colleges and universities offer unofficial transcripts online. Please check your school website to obtain a copy quickly.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
- If you are serving, or have served in the last 5 years (from 03/19/2018) as an Executive Branch political, Schedule C, or Non-career SES appointee, HHS/FDA may be required to obtain approval by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) prior to beginning employment. You can find out if you have held one of these appointment types by looking at your Standard Form 50s in your Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), in Section 5 where the legal authorities are listed. If you have served or are currently serving, you must provide a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting this appointment. In addition, you will be required to respond to the question in the assessment and certify your responses to the questionnaire. Political Appointees FAQ - OPM
- Selective Service Registration: Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. You can learn more by visiting the Selective Service Registration site.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement, 03/19/2018.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 03/19/2018), a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be conducted, the information will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your eligibility for Federal employment, and then whether or not you are qualified for this particular position.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis of Rating: Merit Promotion Procedures for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of two categories: Best Qualified or Qualified.
Your qualification will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You do not have to respond to the KSA's separately, but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the Competencies/KSA's.
- Supervisory and Managerial Responsibility
- Program Management
- Operational Direction
- Oral and Written Communication
https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10158497 Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive