Director Human Capital Resource Integration
7 days left
- Full Time
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes acquisitioning both fiscal and human resources; providing strategic direction for human capital programs; analyzing program results to identify areas of improvement; providing input on the development of program goals and objectives. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-03 or GS-13).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Organizational Awareness
- Strategic Thinking
- This is a CAP position: Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Career Field Position. DOD Position Certification Level and Training Requirements, All acquisition Workforce Positions Mandated in Title 10, USC, Section 1723. DOD 5000.52-M, DOD Acquisition Career Development Program, contains specific requirements for acquisition categories and grades/levels. Current requirements are available at http://asc.army.mil/info/policies/check_list.cfm. Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce (ALT) workforce applicants must have an Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) on file in the Career Acquisition Personnel and Position Management Information System (CAPPMIS).
- Acquisition Corps membership is required prior to appointment to a CAP unless a waiver is granted. Subject to proof of membership, Acquisition Corps members from other services will be accepted by Army without additional review.
- Selectees must sign an Acquisition Corps written tenure agreement to remain in the Federal service in this position for at least 3 years.
- Completion of mandatory acquisition certification requirements for this position is a condition of employment.
- Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level 3 in Acquisition Career Field Program Management within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- The above documents and information on the ACRB and Acquisition Corps membership may be found on the ASC home page at http://asc.army.mil. Individuals with questions may contact an Acquisition Career Manager in the Acquisition Support Center for assistance.
- This is a DOD Demonstration Project position. Under the Defense Authorization Act, personnel management demonstration programs are operating in numerous Army activities and various other organizations supported by Army civilian personnel centers. Under the streamlined personnel operations for the demonstration projects, the familiar 15 General Schedule grade structure is replaced with broad pay bands that typically encompass a range of grades. For example, acquisition jobs in level NH-IV of broad banding encompass the traditional GS-14 through GS-15 grades. Other initiatives under the demonstration projects include simplified job classification, streamlined hiring processes, and expanded developmental opportunities.
- The Army Civilian Education System (CES) is a structured, progressive, sequential program which broadens the targeted civilian educational training base. It provides leader training and education that supports civilian leaders' career path requirements and professional development, and promotes lifelong learning and self-development as integral parts of the civilian leader development program. CES provides leader development opportunities for Army civilians. THERE ARE REQUIRED COURSES AND TIMELINES FOR THIS POSITION. To find the requirements, go to the CES website: http://www.amsc.belvoir.army.mil/ces.
- The following course and time requirements apply to this position: The Supervisory Development Course (SDC) must be completed within one year of placement into the position. The Foundation Course (FC) is required for all supervisors and managers hired after 30 September 2006. The Basic Course (BC) must be completed within one year of placement into the position. The Intermediate Course (IC) must be completed within two years after placement into the position. The Advanced Course (AC) must be completed within two years after placement into the position. Similar training will be reviewed for equivalent. See website for more CES information: http://www.amsc.belvoir.army.mil/ces.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 26 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.