Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You qualify at the GS-13 level, if you have (1) one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability editing and publishing budgetary and financial policies and procedures for parent and subordinate offices; defending budget requests and budget modeling reports before senior management; developing alternative methods of funding for activities subject to fluctuating policies and changing demands; and conducting root cause analysis and establishing cause and effect relationships to solve systemic financial issues.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10156506(link to questionnaire)
This position does not have a positive education requirement.
- At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: [telework, remote work, compressed schedules, flexible schedules].
- If selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE Form 450 to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This information is required annually. For information, visit the NIH Ethics website: https://ethics.od.nih.gov/topics/fd.htm.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- Additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation