Public Information Specialist
10400 Detrick Avenue
4 Year Degree
This is a professional position that provides a range of graphic services expertise to the Office of Legislative and Public Affairs in the areas of public information, social and traditional media, HOC's website, print as well as video media. Develops and executes external communication, public affairs, and traditional and social media related initiatives in support of HOC's mission. Work in this class requires knowledge in the area of strategic communications; both verbal and written; graphic design, and video production. Duties include contributing to the development and implementation of social media activities including Facebook, Twitter and the Executive Director's blog; overseeing the development of written and visual material including videos relating to HOC's activities; develop and coordinate marketing collateral for HOC programs and properties in cooperation with HOC staff. In performing these duties, the employee is required to investigate, research, analyze and make recommendations to leadership based on the information and data compiled; producing materials in a manner consistent with HOC brand standards. Most work will be evaluated by the supervisor to determine if the contents are appropriate and in the best interest of HOC.
- Requires a BS degree in Journalism, Communications, or Marketing or related field.
- Requires a minimum of four years experience in the communications, marketing or
affordable housing industries.
- Must have knowledge of advertising or news media organizations.
- Must have knowledge of Word and Desktop Publishing.
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Must have the ability to analyze and evaluate information.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of government programs is helpful.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.