Part-time Faculty Literacy-GED® Test Preparation
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitlePart-time Faculty Literacy-GED® Test Preparation
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College Adult ESOL & Literacy Grant Program is seeking teachers of Adult Literacy, GED® Preparation. Come join the largest adult education program in Maryland! Our program focuses on life, literacy, and civic skills and GED® Preparation (academic) instruction. Classes meet days, evening, or Saturdays at various sites throughout the county.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Faculty member will be expected to teach Adult Literacy or GED® test preparation classes.
- Faculty members will abide to program policies and procedures.
- Faculty members will participate in training sessions prior to the class start date.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
- Master's degree and/or extensive experience in Secondary Education (Math, Language Arts-reading & writing, science, social studies) preferred.
- Minimum 6 months experience teaching Adult Literacy and/or GED®
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in at least one of the following subjects: Math, Reading or Special Education.
Part-time faculty positions are Non-Bargaining without benefits.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.