Contracts Manager - Division of Financial Operations
The Contracts Manager is responsible for oversight of contract review and the internal contract work-flow processes. Through the contract review process, the Contracts Manager provides expert guidance to those within the University Community seeking legally binding agreements, with the goal of minimizing risk and liability to the University in accordance with University policy and audit requirements prior to execution. Reporting to the Director of Contacts, the Contracts Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages the day to day contracts for the University.
- Assists in the preparation, review, and administration of contractual proposals relating to master contracts.
- Participates in developing and negotiations on assigned contracts and verifies that University policies associated with supplier selection and qualification have been followed.
- Ensures that approvals have been obtained from the University's offices of General Counsel, Risk Management, Tax, Compliance, Facilities and Information Services, as appropriate, prior to obtaining the Treasurer's or the Chief Procurement Officer's signature on any contract.
- Ensures that contracts review and execution occur quickly and efficiently.
- Works collaboratively and in a manner that consistently promotes and reinforces an organizational culture dedicated to superior customer service.
- Plays a significant role in the University's achievement of' ambitious savings target through the Georgetown Cost Initiative (GCI), in particular, assuring the success of new enterprise supplier agreements, which entail business process and relationship governance features such as service level agreements, supplier performance metrics, and "punch-out" systems integrations.
- Prepares bids and negotiates specifications for goods and services.
- Secures all necessary approvals and ensures that the University's procedures are followed.
- Master's degree in Business Management or Finance from an accredited college or university
- At least a Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures - particularly in the area of contracts
- Expert problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines
- Advanced procurement and/or legal skills
- Familiarity with accounting software and procurement management systems
- Proficiency working with Excel spreadsheets
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.