PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
NOTE: Applicants are required to submit a writing sample as part of their application package.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes preparing oral presentations to defend public affairs; assisting in responding to national and international media queries; providing advice to staff proponents on the content, timing, appropriate audience, print and electronic media outlets, suitability and appropriate release timing for public release concerning assigned accounts; and preparing proposed answers to assist civilian news media with questions on responses to national and international news queries for assigned accounts in support of Agency objectives.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Communication Counsel
- Communications and Media
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.