Financial Aid Officer
The Financial Aid Officer delivers administrative services to current and prospective students and their families regarding the financial aid process and procedures. S/he provides general and specific information and makes appropriate referrals regarding all aspects of student financial services. Reporting directly to the Associate Director for Counseling, the Financial Aid Officer has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the daily operations of the main information desk.
- Greets and screens visitors and callers in a professional manner.
- Provides general and specific information, making appropriate referrals on all aspects of student financial services.
- Conducts a preliminary review and processing of financial aid applications.
- Maintains all financial aid records.
- Collaborates with a number of key stakeholders throughout the university such as the Office of the Registrar, Office of Student Accounts, and the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two-years of part-time or full-time work experience with counseling, customer service and/or administrative support
- Experience with and knowledge of PC based administrative software
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and use independent judgment
- High attention to detail with the ability to multitask and work under deadline pressures
- Knowledge of federal, state, and/or institutional financial aid programs rules and regulations
- Experience with Ellucian's Banner, COGNOS, and/or Microsoft Office
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.