Registered Nurse Education Specialist - Emergency Department
Full Time Days
- Provides nursing orientation, including: international nurse orientation, nursing instructors, agency orientation and basic nursing orientation for ED nurses.
- Coordinates nursing internships within the ED.
- Provides for competency training.
- Coordinates specialty certification preparation.
- Acts as a liaison with schools of nursing and other external training programs.
- Promotes an atmosphere supportive of ethical behavior, spirituality, and compassionate care.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the educational plan for the departments of nursing.
- Licensure as a registered nurse in Maryland.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP certification.
- Masters degree in nursing preferred.
- Certification in specialty.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing education and staff development experience.
- Ability to create a work environment that promotes efficiency and productivity, satisfaction, growth and development, and collaboration and teamwork.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English, including communication skills that promote interpersonal relations and customer service.
- Strong leadership and organization skills.
- Possesses coaching, mentoring, listening, critical thinking, and negotiating skills.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all interactions and activities.
- Computer proficiency in windows and Internet environments, and Microsoft Suite applications.
To learn more about this opportunity contact: Lisa Leifheit at 301-956-7041. Apply online to be considered or submit your resume directly to our department at: email@example.com
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser