The Landscape Laborer performs landscape labor work by assisting to prepare and maintain landscaped areas as part of the services provided by the Facilities Management department. S/he performs monthly assignments according to seasonal schedules, in response to requests for service, and in response to emergencies. Reporting directly to the Landscape and Grounds Supervisor, the Landscape Laborer has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Performs landscape labor work to ensure a pleasant appearance of the grounds.
- Performs semi-skilled tasks associated with laying out and preparing areas for planting and maintains planted areas, lawns, athletic fields, trees and shrubs, and walkways as assigned or scheduled.
- Works with crews responding to requests for service by performing cleanup, snow removal and similar activities.
- Ensures efficient and economic use of supplies and materials to conserve university resources.
- Draws and/or requisitions supplies, parts, materials and tools needed, using such items economically to avoid undue costs.
- Informs supervisor of supply/material needs to ensure that adequate inventory is maintained.
- Suggests improvements in the work to improve unit operations.
- Provides supervisors with advice and suggestions regarding work methods, procedures, parts, tools and related matters for the purpose of improving the effectiveness and cost of service.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience performing general or landscape labor work
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.