Director IT Operations
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet ALL of the minimum qualifications listed below.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- At least (7) seven years of specialized experience in Information Technology equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-14) which includes: infrastructure design, operations, support and security
- At least (2) two years of previous supervisory experience managing and directing staff of technical subordinates in cross-functional team or projects and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- At least (1) one year of Cloud migration experience to include skills in planning, designing, engineering, architecting and implementing complex Information Technology solutions in the Microsoft Azure, AWS or other cloud environments
- Development and management of IT programs and plans illustrating successful integration of products and services
- Professional Certification(s) and/or an advanced degree
- Knowledge of the mission and operation of an Office of Inspector General
You must have the experience, knowledge and skills as listed in EACH of the evaluation factors. Failure to demonstrate that you meet all of the evaluation factor requirements as listed below will result in a score of zero (0); an ineligible status, and you will not be referred for further consideration. Include your major accomplishments relevant to the position requirements in your resume.
- Experience with structured decision-making in a highly complex environment that involves multiple programs and stakeholders, business priorities; financial/human resource constraints; and major technology and systems integration challenges.
- Experience in the IT/Cloud Operations areas, enterprise network architecture, unified messaging, management and monitoring systems, lifecycle management, information security, and disaster recovery with an understanding of future trends.
- Experience in understanding the needs and direction of an organization, creating both an IT strategic vision to support the organization along with an annual plan for tactical execution, and managing the IT activities to support both.
- Experience managing multiple projects, some large or complex, using a systematic methodology from project initiation, through requirements, design and development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and retirement. Coordinate project activities in order to ensure that efforts are initiated and completed on schedule and within budget. Oversee IT Operations project portfolio.
- Experience as a leader, supervisor, and manager to include federal employees and contractors, to achieve project performance goals and objectives, or direct progressive change within the organization, and projecting and managing the orderly introduction of innovation and change within a complex environment
- Experience in managing employees with an emphasis on promoting maximum staff utilization, development, and handling disciplinary issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively at all staff levels: experience in the development and presentation of background, position, or decision briefs; and policy and program guidance.
Failure to demonstrate that you meet all evaluation factor requirements will result in a score of zero (0). Upon receipt of a zero score, you will be deemed "not minimally qualified," and you will not be referred for further consideration.
Education must be accredited by an institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation here: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred. Special Instructions for Candidates with Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in U.S. education programs. You must submit all necessary documents to a private U.S. credential evaluation service to interpret equivalency of your education against courses given in U.S. accredited colleges and universities. For further information visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Please contact an internal Human Resources Representative if you have any questions about your USPS OIG Employee Benefits.
This agency provides Reasonable Accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please call 703-248-2210. The decision on granting an accommodation request will be made on a case by case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Human Resources Office will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position. You will no longer be considered for this position if you: receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor; fail to attach all required documentation; if your application materials indicate that you are not minimally-qualified for this position; or if you fail to qualify on the interview. Only the top-rated candidates will be referred to a review official or the selecting official for further consideration. Top-rated applicants may be required to participate in an interview. Your rating may be further adjusted or rated as ineligible by the review official or the selecting official based on your interview performance. Once all applicant scores are finalized, the selecting official will make a final decision. NOTE: If you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor or on the interview, you will be considered NOT MINIMALLY QUALIFIED for the position and rated ineligible.Read more Security clearance Top Secret