Director - Public Programs
Occasional travel - Approximately five annual trips.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
At the GS-14 level Qualified candidates must possess:
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience includes professional experience in the public humanities, working in organizations and institutions such as museums, libraries, public broadcasting, colleges or universities, scholarly or grant-making organizations, or non-profit institutions. This work would have included overseeing and monitoring on-going public humanities programs that required extended training, experience, and leadership -- or other professional humanities work of equal importance, difficulty, and responsibility. All related experience must be performed in a leadership/supervisory capacity.
At the GS-15 level Qualified candidates must possess:
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience includes professional experience in the public humanities, working in organizations and institutions such as museums, libraries, public broadcasting, colleges or universities, scholarly or grant-making organizations, or non-profit institutions. This work would have included planning, directing, and/or executing major public humanities programs that required extended research, planning, implementation, and oversight; conducting high-level meetings and presentations; organizing work and setting priorities; determining short- and long-term goals and strategies to achieve them - or other professional humanities work of equal importance, difficulty, and responsibility. All related experience must be performed in a leadership/supervisory capacity.
Professional experience working in a museum is preferred.
As part of the online application process you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies:
- Technical Competency (Humanities/Grants Experience)
- Budget Administration
- Managing Human Resources
- Oral Communication
A Master's degree or higher from an accredited institution in a discipline of the humanities is required.
1. If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
2. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must attach an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
4. You can apply for a non-competitive appointment if you meet the basic eligibility requirements and you are eligible for special appointment such as those authorized for the severely disabled; certain Vietnam era and disabled veterans; returned volunteers from the Peace Corps or Vista, etc. Please indicate the type of special appointment you are seeking, if any, on your application and follow all other instructions for applying shown in this announcement.
5. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1700/general-education-and-training-series-1701/.
6. This position may require completion of a 1-year trial period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of three pre-defined categories:
- Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
- Better Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
- Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation