Occasional travel - 10% or less.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the AD-00, Applicants must possess specialized experience that equips them with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully in this position. Applicants must have:
- Experience as a healthcare professional in an organization providing a continuum of levels of care (e.g.,continuing care retirement community, independent living, assisted living, memory support, and long-term care); AND
- Experience managing a variety of complex management programs (e.g., planning, programming and budget, human capital, acquisition, financial management, security, information technology, and facilities management) for a facility; AND
- Experience managing the day to day operations of the facility, and maintaining accurate and complete records in a healthcare facility; AND
- Experience making oral presentations to individuals or groups.
*A Nursing Home Administrator License is highly desired for this position.
Education Requirements: Any education must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Veterans Preference does not apply to Title 24 Excepted Service Positions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A Two year trial period may be required.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Submit a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Selectees will be subject to the AFRH Tuberculosis Surveillance Program.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Administrative Management; Business Acumen; Technical; Managerial and Leadership. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, Outstanding, Excellent, or Qualified, depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. A subject matter expert may be used in the evaluation. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.