The Washington Post seeks an organized, energetic and detail-oriented Communications Coordinator to provide support to the Public Relations team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: facilitating booking requests, producing TV and radio interviews, research, report generating, email management, social media posts, entry-level publicity, event support and telephone coverage. The right candidate must be able to collaborate in a team environment, anticipate project needs, take initiative, discern priorities and meet deadlines, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. The candidate should have a passion for news and be able to provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Careful attention to detail with good follow-through.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work on assignments from a variety of staff.
- Willingness to work at events after hours or to work extended hours when required; assist with managing on-site production and cleanup for events as necessary.
- Strategic thinker who can adapt and prioritize moment to moment.
- Customer service-focused; can easily establish rapport and develop credibility from colleagues and external business partners.
- Dynamic self-starter with strong decision making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including writing, proof reading and speaking.
- Expertise with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor's Degree - 1-3 years related experience