Stationary Engineer 1st Class - PRN
Care. Compassion. Community. Bring your passion and your experience as a Stationary Engineer 1st Class to Washington Adventist Hospital (WAH) in Takoma Park, MD!
PRN (as needed); 16 hours per week, evenings 3pm - 11pm, nights 11pm - 7am, one weekend per month
1. Inspects equipment to detect routine malfunctions, repair, adjustment and lubrication.
2. Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices to verify operating conditions.
3. Records data such as temperature, hours of operation, fuel consumption, temperature or pressure, water levels, voltage load and generator balance. Records operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in operators logbook.
4. Performs water tests and adds chemicals such as water softener.
5. Manipulates manual controls and overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended ranges. Determines when to switch to backup equipment or shut down equipment.
6. Performs first echelon cleaning, repair and maintenance of boilers, chillers, and pumps.
7. Operates and maintains tools and equipment of the trade. Cleans work area upon completion of assignment.
8. Operates central station type reciprocating and centrifugal or absorption air conditioning and refrigeration equipment with single compressor and chiller units in excess of 500 tons each.
9. May provide guidance and instruction to lower level stationary engineers and assigned maintenance personnel.
10. Degree of Supervision Required:
Minimal supervision: individual proceeds on his/her own initiative in compliance with policies, procedures and practices as prescribed by immediate supervisor
11. Develops system modification plans and estimates jobs for remodel activities. Supervises lower level technicians and contractors to install and maintain boiler and support equipment to system standards.
12. Creates preventive maintenance checklists for new equipment. Performs preventative maintenance. .
13. Interprets as-built building blueprints and recommends system modifications for remodel projects in accordance with applicable regulations. Creates single line drawings as required for system operation and training.
14. Researches and selects materials for equipment and systems installation, repair, and maintenance.
15. Coordinates outside contractor support as needed or assigned to facilitate the completion of repairs and projects too large to be done in-house. Obtains appropriate approval from Leadership and properly documents transactions.
16. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
17. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED
Maryland Master or Journeyman Electrician License
Licensure as a First Grade Stationary Engineer in the State of Maryland.
Minimum of 4 years experience as a Operating Engineer MD Class 1
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Possession of a valid Maryland driver's license is a requirement for this job.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.