Administrative Financial Assistant
Care. Compassion. Community. Bring your passion and your administrative experience to Capital Choice Pathology Laboratory (CCPL), which is part of Adventist HealthCare, located in Silver Spring, MD! We are seeking a PRN Administrative Financial Assistant.
PRN (as needed); 19 hours per week, M-F, 11am - 3pm
1. Assist Executive Director in gathering, correlating and preparing monthly and annual financial reports and budges, utilizing Microsoft word and excel spreadsheets.
2. Assist Executive Director in preparation of quarterly laboratory quality assurance reports.
3. Accounts Receivable functions: prepare and audit client invoices; post client payments; billing transfers; managing A/R past due balances; handling phone calls for client billing.
4. Process reference lab and vendor invoices and expense reports to A/P.
5. CPT coding of anatomic pathology specimens.
6. Communicates effectively and demonstrates problem solving abilities with staff, physicians, pathologists, patients, technologists, clients, and other departments.
7. Assist with general office duties as directed by Executive Director
8. Understand laboratory compliance with all professional, federal, state and CAP requirements.
9. Follows all AHC/CCPLab policies and procedures outlined in the employee sourcebook, general administrative and specific department SOPs.
Ideal candidate will have accounting/financial month end close out experience. In addition, the candidate should possess the following:
1. Well organized, thorough and conscientious approach to performing duties.
2. Strong attention to detail required.
3. Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines.
4. Strong Microsoft (Word and Excel) expertise required.
5. Strong verbal and communication skills.
6. Experience with billing and financial practices preferred.
7. Experience with anatomic pathology CPT coding preferred.
8. Demonstrates ability to document issues involving patient care in IT computer application.
9. Experience with Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) helpful.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser