Research Assistant, Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - G
Research Assistant, Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown's Cancer Prevention and Control (CPC) Program is the primary nexus for population science-focused research at Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC). Its mission is to conduct population sciences research across the translational spectrum from discovery to interventions to policy. Members carry out research in epidemiology, biomarker development, genetics, behavioral science and health services.
The Research Assistant supports ongoing behavioral and epidemiologic research projects by recruiting genetic testing, genetic counseling and breast cancer patients. S/he ensures completion of surveys in accordance with projected number of telephone interviews completed each week. The Research Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Collects behavioral and epidemiological data.
- Reviews patient charts for pathology information.
- Studies recruitment, approaching and recruiting new participants via telephone or in clinic.
- Reviews patient records for eligibility, consulting with clinical staff regarding patient eligibility.
- Performs basic database programming and management, data entry, data tracking, and report generation.
- Enters survey results and registers new patients into the databases.
- Performs quality checks on existing data.
- Performs tracking of patients, maintaining contact logs and hard copy files of study materials.
- Interacts with study sites and research participants to monitor study progress and participant status.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University
- Previous experience in conducting primary data collection
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.