Sparks Group has partnered with a leader in the security industry to add an experienced business-to-business Collections Specialist to their team. The Collections Specialist will be responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts to ensure receivables are collected in a timely manner.
- Notify customers of delinquent accounts by telephone, email and/or mail
- Make regularly scheduled collection calls to provide customers with account balance information and ensure promises-to-pay are met
- Review billing discrepancies including overpayments and short payments and resolve in a timely manner by requesting a credit memo or issuing a refund
- Prepare small-balance write-offs according to company policies and procedures
- Recognition of significant credit risks and escalation of these matters are critical to sales and senior management when necessary
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting to sales department and direct supervisor on customer accounts
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with managed accounts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of commercial collections experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Billing and/or Accounts Receivable knowledge is highly desired
- Strong working knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act and state and federal laws concerning commercial collection activities
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products including Advanced Excel
- Larger ERP software experience is required; Lawson experience a plus
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and work independently using guidelines and instructions given
- Must be customer friendly and professional at all times
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!