Associate Director (Product Design and Development)
Occasional travel - May be required to travel 1-5 days a month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses may be paid.
As a basic requirement for entry into the SES, you must provide evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level management capability; and that is directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and Technical/Professional Qualifications (TPQs) listed below. Typically, experience of this nature will have been gained at or above the GS-15 grade level in the federal service or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector, or non-governmental organizations.
Candidates must meet all of the following qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement, including general management skills and characteristics applicable to all SES positions AND technical or program responsibilities specific to this position.
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS: A background investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by the BEP is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination or immediate revocation of your interim clearance (if applicable).
Please be advised that the individual selected for this position will likely require certification by a Qualifications Review Board conducted by OPM, prior to receiving the SES appointment. If you are already certified by OPM's QRB, submit proof such as a copy of the certification or an SF-50 showing SES Career Status. Each of the following competencies are the foundation for success in each of the Executive Core Qualifications: Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Integrity/Honesty, Continual Learning, Public Service Motivation. The essay competencies address the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ's).
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
ECQ 1: LEADING CHANGE - This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2: LEADING PEOPLE - This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3: RESULTS DRIVEN - This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4: BUSINESS ACUMEN - This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5: BUILDING COALITIONS - This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Technical and Professional Qualifications (TPQs)
TPQ #1: Describe your knowledge of and executive-level experience in design, development, and implementation of a prototype facility to test new production technologies, security features, and tactile features that are under development, and assess possible new raw materials and other supplies.
TPQ #2: Describe how you have demonstrated your ability to develop and implement organizational vision that integrates key program goals, priorities, values, and other factors. Inherent to this is the ability to balance change and continuity, to continually strive to improve research and testing methodologies and program performance within the basic government framework; to create a work environment that encourages creative thinking; and the ability to maintain focus, intensity, and persistence, even under adversity.
TPQ #3: Describe how you have demonstrated your skill and ability to analyze and evaluate complex technical design related issues, calculate risks, recommend practical solutions, and effectively communicate the issues and solutions, both orally and in writing to management, Senior Executives or private sector equivalents, internal and external to the agency.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a Non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Relocation or recruitment incentives may be paid.
- Veterans Preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service: http://www.usajobs.gov, 5 USC 2108(3)
- A one year probationary period for initial SES appointment may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File a Public Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Applicants are only required to submit a resume.
- Applicants are not required, but highly encouraged, to respond to ECQs and TPQs.
- No particular format is required for ECQ's/TPQs.
- Include any supporting documents for non-competitive consideration.
Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible
Rating: A panel of Senior Executives will review your application and evaluate your qualifications for this position based on the information in your application. Interviews will be at the discretion of the panel and/or selecting official. Your application will be rated, based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of this position.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret