Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Traffic and Scheduling Coordinator: Creative Services
The busy Creative Services Department seeks a dependable, task-oriented Traffic and Scheduling Coordinator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The coordinator supports the production operations of a shop that produces more than 600 jobs a year, ranging from stationery to magazines. The Traffic and Scheduling Coordinator, under the guidance of the Production Manager, creates, monitors, and revises production schedules; interacts with team members and clients; prepares a variety of reports; and archives all needed creative and business materials.
- As directed, gathers client inputs, converts job requests to active projects, monitors the progress of all projects ensuring progression from task to task between team members as scheduled, and revises or creates new production schedules when projects are off schedule or returned to active status from project hold.
- Prepares a daily status report for unit managers and directors. Creates and maintains a yearly master calendar.
- Archives to a central storage drive all designerâ€™s packaged project files.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Great organizational skills and ability required for tracking and monitoring up to 30-55 active jobs at a time.
- Ability and skills to use a computer to perform most work duties and willingness to learn new skills and programs as needed. Mid- to high-level proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Must be diplomatic, proactive, and a creative problem-solver. Good sense of humor a definite plus.
- Able to manage multiple competing tasks simultaneously.
- Capable of and comfortable with developing strong working relationships with internal staff and outside partners/vendors.
- Experience working with, or willingness to learn, a formal project-management system to track projects and coordinate resources. Workamajig experience a plus.
- Be a self-starter and able to take initiative to keep things moving.
- Able to create realistic production schedules, with guidance and training, for a wide variety of projects ranging in scope and complexity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interacting with a wide variety of people of varying levels of experience and knowledge of marketing and communications or creative services.
- Must be responsive, detail-oriented, organized, and adaptable to ever changing needs.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :