Concesssions Management Specialist
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- Any individual who is currently holding, or has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet time-in-grade requirements (must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade or equivalent in the Federal service). Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties; a valid driver's license is required. You will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that disclose all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- You may be required to complete training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel and/or purchase authority.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work and/or volunteer experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that does not indicate exact hours per week or is listed as "varies".
There is no substitution of education for experience at the grade level(s) of this announcement.
Physical Demands: Commercial operations/facilities include, but are not limited to, front and back of the house locations at golf courses, commercial kitchens, retail facilities, rental facilities, warehouses, stadiums, horse stables, amphitheaters, boathouses/marinas, special events, and assigned landscapes. The position requires familiarity with park resources and with concessioner/lessee assigned facilities and services. While some work is performed in an office setting, the position requires hiking on park trails, horseback riding, bicycling, rafting, extensive walking, etc. There are requirements to travel on water vessels (water taxis and interpretive boat tours). A current driver's license is required.
Working Conditions: Work is conducted in both office and field environments. For work conducted in the office environment, the risks include those typically found in an office environment. Normal safety precautions typical of such places should be observed (e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls,). Travel within and away from the park area may be necessary and frequent in order to provide support for the program for the purpose of attending meetings, training programs, conferences, and site visits. For work conducted in the field, the risks involve those typical for visitors of an urban Park, and may include confrontations with wildlife and exposure to the elements. Risks involve those customary when working with or riding horses, inspecting golf courses, attending large special events, being a boat passenger, working in and around historic and non-historic structures, hiking on challenging terrain, and being a passenger or driver of a
The National Park Service has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document that you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Click the following link for more information, https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Candidates who apply under Competitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are highly qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Best qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
Candidates who apply under Noncompetitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are minimally qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
You will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning and Evaluating
- Technical Competence