Teacher, Adaptive PE
7 days left
- Full Time
Under general supervision of a principal and/or other designated administrator, plans and implements an instructional program and provides related educational services for students.
Manages student behavior, assesses and evaluates student achievement, and modifies instructional activities, as required; carries out a variety of student monitoring and controls activities; performs related duties as required or assigned. Positions covered by this specification serve as special education teachers in a direct service model are itinerants who serve multiple schools daily (grades K-12). Classes taught may be single or multi-grade level. Incumbents work independently in a unique teaching specialty.
* Work collaboratively with stakeholders in providing a World-Class Education
* Continually assess student achievement and maintain appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes
* Plan and implement appropriate instructional and/or learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate kind and level of materials, provide appropriate learning experiences, manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement, and utilize a variety of instructional materials and available multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning
* Manage the behavior of learners in an instructional setting to ensure that the environment is conducive to the learning process, and assist and participate in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or work site
* Coordinate instructional activities with other professional staff, both school and nonschool-based, as required, to maximize learning opportunities
* Demonstrate knowledge of measurement and evaluation to make recommendations about special services and program components for students with disabilities.
* Demonstrates physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height in order to manage and support transfers of students, maximum independent weight transfer not to exceed 20 pounds.
* Participate in in-service and professional development activities and staff meetings, as required or assigned
* Continually communicate with students on instructional expectations to keep them informed of their progress in meeting those expectations
* Communicate with parents through conferences and other means
* Collaborate with other professionals (guidance counselors, librarians, etc.) to carry out school wide instructional or related activities as needed
A person in this position reports to the Principal and/or Assistant Principal.
Possession of a Collegiate Professional, Post Graduate Professional, or appropriate Vocational Licensed issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia with endorsement(s) required for teaching assignment(s). Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure; Certified Adapted Physical Education (CAPE) endorsement preferred. Knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, IEP process, and equipment of instructional specialty(ies) to which assigned; knowledge of pre-adolescent and adolescent growth and development; knowledge of Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) curriculum related to assignments and public school mission, goals, and organization; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs; ability to plan and implement lessons based on Division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents; skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skills.