Executive Admin Assistant
.Executive Administrative Assistant
The Graduate School
Nonexempt, Regular, Full-time, Pay Grade 10
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Executive Assistant to Support the Information and Technology Systems Department (ITS) in The Graduate School. Under general supervision, this person will provide complex administrative support as needed to staff and departments. This position requires attention to detail.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Work with Department:
- Maintain ITS department Intranet
- Update the course evaluation spreadsheet for the whole department at the end of each semester
- Staff Meetings
- Schedule monthly staff meetings
- Prepare and distributes minutes
- Post minutes in Engage
- Serve on The Graduate School (TGS) Data Users group
- Update new hire faculty spreadsheet
- Coordinate/organize department events
- MeetUps (in-person)
- Advisory Board meetings
- Use e-campaign to send out invites/notification on planned events
- Set up Webex for the monthly department Virtual Information sessions
- Enter the Virtual Information sessions Webex data into UMUC events forms
- Send ‘semesterly' updates/reminders to all Program Chairs (PCs)
- Pull data for specialized projects
- Manage the inventory of office supplies
- Maintain the department calendar
- Collect and send weekly department updates to the Dean's office
Work Assisting Program Chairs:
- Send out course evaluation data to all PCs at the end of each semester
- 3-term programs
- 4-term programs
- Non-credit courses
- Schedule calls for adjunct interviews - numbers vary
- Honor Society
- Pull a list of eligible students
- Send application to eligible students
- Monitor payment and mail certificates/cords
- Support PCs in creating surveys
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a High School Diploma or GED and three (3) years' experience providing administrative support.
- General knowledge of and skill in the practical application of generally accepted office practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing.
- Ability to proofread and edit written documents.
- Skill in various computer software packages, such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation programs, Internet, email and calendaring software.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.