Telecommunication Operator, Weekends
- Part Time
- A premier healthcare system
- A compassionate mission of healing
- Dynamic Maryland/Washington D.C. market
We are a non-profit network of healthcare providers based in Rockville, Maryland. At Adventist HealthCare, you will find a clear passion for caring for the whole person and a progressive faith-based mission. Pursue Excellence. Practice with Compassion.
The Telecommunications Operator provides effective and efficient telephone service to hospital employees, physicians, patients, patients families, and the general public. The Telecommunications Operator is responsible for operating all communications and answering service equipment, handling all inbound and outbound calls and codes.
* Relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice telephone calls
* Operate in-house, long range and overhead paging systems
* Monitor alarms, responding to codes in a timely manner
* Provide general information to staff, physicians, patients and the public.
* Update on-call schedules and communicate changes in procedures or personnel.
* High School diploma
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Clear, pleasant and cheerful voice
* Flexibility in working under emotionally stressful conditions
* Experience as an operator in a hospital environment preferred
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.