Principal Software Engineer
Primary Purpose of the Position
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Principal Software Engineer has primary responsibility for using independent judgement to drive the design, development, and implementation of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) solutions in support of Intelsat's Enterprise Data Warehouse system including architecting and building Big Data Solutions.
Responsibilities include designing the data acquisition, staging, loading, and transformation into Data Warehouse. Analyzing data requirements, complex source data, and the data model, and determine the best methods in extracting, transforming and loading the data into the data staging, warehouse and other system integration.
- Lead design, development, and enhancement Oracle PL/SQL and SQL based back-end interfaces between Data Warehouse and other Intelsat systems.
- Work collaboratively with business leaders to drive solutions that meet business objectives and goal.
- Work closely with our business leaders to drive adoption of our solutions
- Architect, design, deliver, test, and troubleshoot complex data implementations
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
- Influence architectural direction and principles adoption
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team
- Leads and performs day-day production support activities including Data warehouse loads.
- Troubleshoot and validate data integrity issues.
- Create and maintain technical design documents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work independently and collaboratively with the immediate team and other teams across the business.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, analyze problem statements and estimating efforts. Strong understanding of dimensional modeling and design required.
- Expertise with data warehouses/marts supporting BI/reporting.
- Excellent SQL and PL/SQL knowledge is required.
- Previous working experiences with Talend a plus.
- Knowledge and prior hands-on experience developing solutions with Big Data a major plus.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.