Occasional travel - Approximately 3 trips per yer.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
At the GS-11 level Qualified candidates must possess:
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level or equivalent experience; or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Specialized experience is experience working in a museum, historical society, or historic house; teaching for-credit classes in the humanities; or working as a team member in a humanities project.
At the GS-12 level Qualified candidates must possess:
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is experience in addition to the qualifications listed above, one year or more of experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position; for example, work in the humanities performed with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, requiring professional training and experience and which had demonstrated important attainments and capacity for independent work.
Selective Placement Factor (SPF): In addition to the requirements above, all applicants must possess the following selective placement factor:
Experience in a professional position or working as a consultant for at least one year at either a museum, historical society, or historic house and knowledge of issues and trends in the museum field.
As part of the online application process, you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies:
- Technical Competence - Knowledge of issues and trends associated with preserving and ensuring access to humanities collections in museums, historical societies, historic houses, or other cultural heritage institutions. Knowledge of preservation or collections management focused on humanities collections in cultural heritage institutions. Knowledge of digital resources in the humanities.
- Project Management - Experience in project management, development, and/or capacity building in cultural heritage institutions.
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
At least a B.A. from an accredited institution in a discipline of the humanities is required (a MA or Ph.D. is preferred).
1. If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
2. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must attach an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1700/general-education-and-training-series-1701/.
5. This position may require completion of a 1-year trial period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of three pre-defined categories:
- Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
- Better Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
- Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation