INFORMATION SEARCH AND DISCOVERY STRATEGY ANALYST
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized experience is defined as: Functional knowledge of the practices, and techniques of developing and implementing search and discovery technologies and user interfaces.
Examples of specialized experience include: Implementing policy and developing and implementing search technologies focusing on search and discovery of data residing in structured and unstructured technical repositories. Researching and analyzing search tools and technologies capable of serving up data residing in multiple database types to include Oracle, SQL and No-SQL environments. Knowledge of techniques for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Providing recommendations on the technical direction impacting future search technologies.
Specialized experience is defined as: A command of the principles, methods, practices, and techniques for planning, developing and implementing search and discovery technologies, understanding of search engine implementation and application of user interfaces for search and discovery.
Examples of specialized experience include: Developing policy and planning of a search program regarding search and discovery of data residing in structured and unstructured technical repositories. Researching and analyzing search tools and technologies capable of serving up data residing in multiple database types to include Oracle, SQL and No-SQL environments. Understanding and applying techniques for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Providing recommendations on the technical direction impacting future search technologies.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for either grade level.
- Background or Security Investigation: The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
- Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Administration and Management
- Decision Support
- Information Technology Research and Development
- Problem Solving
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10137500 Read more Security clearance Secret