Associate Director/Director (Environmental & Social Performance (ESP), MC-301-3B/3A
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To qualify for pay band 3b you must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4a (GS-13) or an equivalent level that is directly related to the work of this position and that has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience must include activities such as: providing technical advice and guidance on the assessment and management of environmental, social risks and impacts associated with development projects/programs in developing countries; experience conducting analysis of environmental and social issues and providing effective communication to enhance the design of development projects in a variety of sectors such as transportation, agriculture, water/ sanitation, energy, and municipal infrastructure; experience overseeing technical consultant services; and experience communicating environmental and social concepts to stakeholders both orally and in writing. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
To qualify for pay band 3a you must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 3b (GS-14) or an equivalent level that is directly related to the work of this position and that has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience must include activities such as: providing technical advice and guidance on the assessment and management of environmental and social risks and impacts associated with development projects/programs in developing countries; experience managing or undertaking high-level technical analysis of environmental and social issues and providing effective guidance to enhance the design and implementation of development projects in a variety of sectors such as transportation, agriculture, water/ sanitation, energy, and municipal infrastructure; experience planning and managing technical consultant services; and, experience communicating environmental and social concepts to stakeholders both orally and in writing. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
The following qualifications are highly desirable:
- An advanced degree in environmental, social or natural sciences, environmental engineering, planning or a related field.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in the field of environmental and/or social assessment, management and monitoring or a related field.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
- Other benefits: Convenient location to metro, eligibility to join State Department Federal Credit Union, flexible work schedule and free use of an on-site gym and locker room with shower facility.
- The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- Promotion Potential: If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on Category Rating procedures. Once you complete and submit your application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants may be evaluated by subject matter experts. Your resume must specifically and clearly show your possession of the required specialized experience and your possession of the required competencies. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as:
- Administration and Management
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence
Based on the information you provided in your application package, we will assign you to one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. Qualified veterans are placed ahead of non-veterans within each category. Qualified veterans with a service connected disability of 10% or more are placed ahead of non-veterans in the best qualified category.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Application of Veteran's Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS Read more Security clearance Secret