Administrative Assistant, Executive Education and Business Law Scholars - Georgetown University Law
Administrative Assistant, Executive Education and Business Law Scholars - Georgetown University Law Center
Tradition. Innovation. A superb faculty, hundreds of course offerings — and all of this just steps away from the Capitol and Supreme Court. Georgetown Law is an exceptional institution in an enviable location. Students come here from all over the world to study international or tax law, environmental or health care law (just a few of our specialties). They come here for our top-ranked clinics. Most of all, they come because this is the place where theory and practice meet. At Georgetown, students learn the law in the place where laws are made.
The Administrative Assistant for Executive Education and Business Law Scholars assists with all aspects of the Business Skills programming, the developing Business Law Scholars Program, and the developing Executive Education program processes. Reporting jointly to the Director of the Business Skills Program and the Assistant Dean for Executive Education and Innovation, the Administrative Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
Director and Assistant Dean Support
- Manages the Director's and Assistant Dean's calendars.
- Manages travel itineraries and makes travel arrangements, to include processing expense reports and business related credit card payments.
- Answers phone calls, emails, and correspondence; and prepares internal and external documents.
- Maintains an organized system of documents and correspondence.
- Orders office supplies as needed.
- Organizes Business Skills, Business Law Scholars, and Executive Education receptions and events by reserving rooms, coordinating catering, coordinating speakers and presenters; and makes travel arrangements for participants.
- Prepares invitations and manages RSVPs, maintaining statistical counts of attendees and providing other analytical data for the Director and Assistant Dean.
- Coordinates with other Law Center and Georgetown University Offices to schedule and execute events.
- Participates in the preparation for and execution of events, arranging speaker and presenter gifts as needed.
- Assists with the production of certain print, web and social media marketing materials.
- Works with the Director and Assistant Dean on web and social media marketing, as well as branding for the Business Skills, Business Law Scholars and Executive Education programs.
Business Law Scholars (BLS)
- Assists with the production of certain print and online program materials.
- Manages and organizes the BLS application process and application materials.
- Coordinates and assists with projects, events, and activities for the Business Law Scholars cohort.
- Communicates with BLS cohort as directed.
- Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with Microsoft development skills, in particular Office and Excel
- Ability to compile and analyze data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information and to work with a wide range of people including students, alumni, faculty, and administrators
- Excellent organizational skills, detail orientation, comfort with multi-tasking, and superior interpersonal and technological skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to represent Georgetown Law and the University in the best possible way to internal and external audiences
- 3 of years of administrative, customer service, or event-planning work experience
- Working knowledge of web development technologies and emerging social media
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.