Information Technology Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
System Imaging Technician
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) - located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a Systems Imaging Technician position within the Classroom and Lab Technologies, Computing Services team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position will directly support the teaching and learning environments of George Mason University. The primary responsibility of this position is to build and maintain the software installed on all classroom and lab computer systems. You will work with a team of peers to maintain a software package library, troubleshoot classroom computing hardware, and assist with the transition to a Citrix based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Equivalent Field; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows administration;
- Demonstrated in-depth experience in software imaging and distribution;
- Demonstrated, progressively responsible experience with technical computing support environments; and
- Experience troubleshooting network connectivity and network configuration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software and image deployment systems, preferably Microsoft SCCM;
- Experience with desktop or enterprise computer security; and
- Practical knowledge managing and supporting Virtual Machines and Virtual Desktops, preferably in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure such as Citrix Xendesktop or VMware Horizon.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01820z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online staff application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
People choose to work at George Mason University for many reasons, and there are even more reasons why they stay for a career including the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrows news!
Mason embodies many things, but underlying it all is a commitment to flexibility, creativity, autonomy, and making a difference. Add that to a robust benefits package, a commitment to flexibility as well as work/life options, the opportunity for personal and professional development and you have a career in balance at Mason!
Enrollment is over 32,000, with students studying in over 198 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William.
George Mason University, Where Innovation Is Tradition!
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-03-16