Customer Service Representative
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleCustomer Service Representative
Job Description SummaryLocation:\t \t Off Campus (The Gaithersburg Business Training Center
Bargaining Status: \t Bargaining
Grade:\t\t \t F
Montgomery College, off campus (The Gaithersburg Business Training Center), has need for a full-time, Customer Service Reps, #S05180, in the WDCE Central Administration Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. with extended hours during peak registration and 2 Saturdays per month 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. as needed.
Job Summary: This person will perform general administrative office tasks such as greeting visitors, disseminating information about College courses, programs and services, and responding to questions regarding College admittance and registration or financial aid application and eligibility requirements. This position will involve entering data, scheduling appointments, collecting and reviewing forms, processing registrations and setting up classrooms. This person will also interact with internal and external constituencies including students, parents, faculty, staff and the general public in the performance of their duties and use independent judgment in handling daily tasks.Job Description
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet and assist customers while providing a professional, courteous and friendly atmosphere.
- Assist internal and external students in choosing the class and schedule that best meets their needs.
- Respond to existing or potential students as well as corporate clients and providing extensive knowledge of all Workforce Development & Continuing Education's programs in addition to providing information on other College programs.
- Perform routine voice mail checks throughout the day to ensure student requests/responses are met within the day.
- Verify class cancellations/re-locations to inform students of options for another class that meets their needs and goals.
- Assess and resolve discrepancies and conflicts relative to student schedules.
- Assist the potential and existing student experiencing difficulty in registering on the web.
- Report problems that have been encountered and report to student registration specialist for resolution.
- Create and post memos and/or signs pertaining to courses to assist student with course locations, changes and cancellations.
- Provide program staff, instructors and counselors with information pertaining to student enrollment and class size in case of cancellation.
- Assist faculty with room set-up/lay-out and materials for class.
- Provide customer service support at special events, conferences and local government open houses.
- Set-up College displays, market and answer questions relating to the College and course information.
- Provide hands-on training in class room presentations on great customer service skills when requested.
- Repair fax, printers and copiers when requested by faculty and staff.
- Allow students from specific customer service programs to shadow me and observe customer service throughout the day without violating company confidentiality.
- A combination of education, training and experience providing understanding of the field and high school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years of customer service and support experience.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and practices as applied to the provision of general office services, business English, spelling, grammar and conventional styles and formats used in oral and written communications.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws on financial aid and eligibility requirements.
- Knowledge of College policies and procedures with regard to application and registration requirements and College programs and services offered to students.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office applications including Image Now and College-specific automated record-keeping systems.
- Skill in using a multi-line phone system, data entry, accessing relevant information from various sources for reporting purposes and producing final typed materials for distribution.
- Interact with a diverse community including students, parents, corporate entities and the general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding student financial, academic and personal records and able to handle challenging situations with students, parents, or general public using diplomacy and courtesy.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must (optional):
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateWednesday, February 28, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.