Teacher, Special Education (Deaf and Hard of Hearing)
The Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DHH) consulting teacher works with the Special Education Supervisor to provide support to DHH teachers and the students on their caseloads.
* Works with the Special Education Supervisor to ensure that appropriate services are provided.
* Assists in developing and presenting monthly staff development activities.
* Assists in identifying recruitment opportunities.
* Collaborates with families, teachers, interpreters, audiologists, and others.
* Serves as mentor for DHH teachers new to Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS).
* Assists in the evaluation of DHH services and identifies areas of improvement.
* Performs related work as required.
* Holds or is eligible for a valid license from the Virginia Department of Education in Hearing Impairment.
* Has significant experience in the field of Deaf/Hard of Hearing.
* Has demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
* Has demonstrated interpersonal skills for working effectively with teachers, administrators, parents, and children.
The DHH Consulting Teacher is jointly responsible to the Special Education Supervisor and Director of Special Education.