Senior Manager, Accounting - Finance
Financial accounting and reporting responsibilities for Evidera, Inc. in Bethesda, MD. Position reports to the Controller.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- General ledger: individually manage day-to-day accounting operations for multiple entities and geographies, including cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, intangibles, intercompany transactions, allocations and general ledger maintenance. This includes performing month-end close journal entries and completing balance-sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Fixed asset register: maintain accurate fixed asset records
- Monthly Close: close books monthly, including the issuance of financial statements by the 4th of following month
- Reporting: fluctuation analyses, account analyses, asset roll-forward, bank reports, and ad hoc.
- Intercompany transactions: liaise with other entities to ensure consolidated intercompany accounts are accurate and in-balance, record intercompany transactions with parent company
- Audit and tax: preparation of client schedules for both audit and tax on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Collaborate with business partners, customers, and vendors to support business needs and establish better relations
- Assist in acquisitions, integrations and system implementations as needed
- Evaluate, recommend and implement Sarbanes-Oxley compliant internal controls, accounting policies, procedures and systems, where appropriate
- Complete other ad hoc global projects to support management reporting and analysis requirements and audit needs
- Work independently to analyze and consult management on recommended changes relating to overall business improvements
- Manage and mentor team by clarifying roles and responsibilities and developing and implementing training program to optimize individual performance. Cultivate and maintain a culture of accountability.
Education, Professional Skills & Experience
- CPA required; Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required (MBA preferred)
- 6+ years of practical experience
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP, including Revenue Recognition (Percentage-of-Completion and T&M customer contract types)
- Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls design, documentation and testing experience
Computer Skills & Competencies
- Strong general ledger experience (month-end close, reconciliations and full cycle general ledger)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics AX (preferred) or comparable ERP system
- Blackline experience
- Experience in working in a global, international and multi-currency environment
- Experience in documenting process and developing robust internal control environment (SOX)
- Audit experience would be helpful
- Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented culture
- Can display strong process knowledge & process improvement experience
- High energy - can motivate, lead, and develop team
- Strong organizational, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our office locations have great amenities and frequent social events. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all of our staff.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.