Program Manager - Standards & Evaluation
Job Title: Program Manager - Standards & Evaluation
Job ID: 180074 Location: DC-Jackson Graham-Hdqtrs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Posting Open-Close 01/26/2018
Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Description
All WMATA posted job openings are available through 11:59 pm the night before the noted Close Date. To ensure successful submission of application applicants are encouraged to apply well before this cut-off. The noted Close Date is the date on which the posting is automatically removed from the website as of 12:00am at which time submission of an application is no longer possible. (WMATA reserves the right to remove postings at any time without notice as business needs demand.)
Department Marketing Statement:Metro is seeking a dynamic, experienced and innovative leader to take on a senior, influential role at the heart of the DC Metro’s digital and organizational transformation. The candidate must have a proven record in management and operations. Based in the Chief Operating Officer’s Strategic Initiatives Group, the initial task will be to build, lead and set the culture of a new team, and collaborate with all other operations groups to develop a smart information management system for the Authority’s policies and procedures. This will be the first of many critical and innovative programs to be led by the new Program Manager for Standards and Evaluation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Business Administration, Management or similar field.
- At least twelve (12) years of progressively responsible management experience, preferably in transportation operations or an equivalent highly operational environment; to include six (6) years in a management position, with responsibility for program management and implementation of policies and procedures
- Master’s Degree in Transportation, Business Administration, Management or similar field.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Program Manager, Standards and Evaluation has oversight, primary responsibility, and decision-making authority for all rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating directly or indirectly to the operational activities of the Authority. This role includes responsibility for preparation, review and publication of operational policies and procedures; management of the database that holds all policies and procedures; ensuring access for all staff, and ultimately correct implementation of policies and procedures in the field; corporate responsibility for necessary adjustments and improvements of policies and procedures to ensure they meet the highest operational standards.
- Manages the maintenance and control of all operational rules, regulations, policies, procedures, manuals, work instructions, guidelines and forms (to be referenced as “operational information”) at the corporate and department level under the Chief Operating Officer’s purview, with the ultimate intent of improving standards of safety, customer service and operational efficiency
- Manages a budget and team of employees and contractors, including operational subject matter experts (SMEs) and technical writers to draft, update, coordinate, reconcile, publish, distribute and review all operational information
- Ensures all operational information complies with and complements associated internal requirements (including Labor, Counsel, Information Technology, Procurement, Human Resources) and external legal and regulatory requirements of relevant jurisdictions
- Works closely with operational and administrative departments to scope operational requirements, and collaborates with subject matter experts across the Authority to develop and oversee a sustainable information management lifecycle
- Ensures universal access for all employees and contractors, facilitating the means to receive, read and reference operational information in a timely manner
- Develops and oversees processes that assure consistent conversion of operational information into the highest possible standards of performance and delivery, including but not limited to, training and awareness programs, monitoring of transfer and receipt of information by employees and contractors, and a compliance evaluation program working alongside operational and administrative departments
- Cultivates relationships and information exchange with other transit agencies, jurisdictional authorities and regulatory agencies to ensure the Authority is at the leading edge of standards, evaluation and industry best-practice
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.