Supervisory Payroll Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment during the pre-employment process, and proof of U.S. citizenship for competitive status positions; or conversion to a competitive status position with the Administrative Office of the US Courts. In instances where non-citizens are considered for hire into temporary or any other position with non competitive status, or it is confirmed by the AO's Human Resources Office that there are no qualified U.S. citizens for a competitive status position (unless prohibited by a law or statue), non-citizens must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at http://ww.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- You will be required to serve a trial period if selected for a first-time appointment to the Federal government, transferring from another Federal agency, or serving as a first-time supervisor. Failure to successfully complete the trial period may result in termination of employment. This does not apply to current federal Judiciary employees.
- Relocation expenses may be provided, but only if authorized by the Director of the AO.
- The selectee of this position may be assigned to an official duty station outside the advertised area.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience which is in or directly related to the line of work of this position. Specialized experience for this position is defined as, either public or private sector, extensive knowledge of payroll operations and payroll management principles and experience managing a large (10,000+ employees) payroll operation in a multi-state environment, to include Federal, State, and Local tax withholding and reporting and all.
Note: Evidence of specialized experience must be supported by detailed documentation of duties performed in positions held. Please provide such documentation on your resume.
Desired But Not Required: Applicants with at least a Bachelor's degree and Certified Payroll Professionals (CPP) are highly desirable, knowledge in the area of the functional and operating principles of PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System (HRMS), preferably the federal version and with at least a three to five years of supervisory experience in a payroll environment.
This position does not require education to qualify.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your application package, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume and/or narrative responses, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Failure to submit the mandatory narrative responses will result in not receiving full consideration and/or rating credit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, withdrawing an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.