Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, individual must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- The position requires the incumbent to possess, obtain, and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Programs.
- Must pass the organization's Personnel Reliability Program which includes credit check, drug screening, polygraph and psychological evaluation.
The position may requirement temporary duty travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must possess DAWIA Level II certification in the Contracting (C) field, or obtain certification within 24 months of employment.
- This is an Army Acquisition and Technology Workforce position. Must meet DoD 5000-52-M requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
- Incumbent will be required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450 upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 23 March 2006.
- Incumbent must be willing to work overtime and irregular hours.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a contracting officer's warrant.
- Must sign a statement attesting to the understanding of DCIPS provisions.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
Basic Requirement for Contract Specialist:
Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) from an accredited educational institution and at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (The 24 semester hour requirement can be obtained within the bachelor's degree OR in addition to the degree.)
Exemption: You are exempt from the education requirements above if (A) you are a current DoD employee, in any occupational series, who has served on or before September 30, 2000, as follows: (1) Served as a GS/equivalent-1102 position or contracting officer position with authority to award or administer contracts above the SAT in any Federal agency, OR (2) Served as a military member in a comparable military occupational specialty; OR (B) you are a current member of the armed forces who occupied a position within an occupational specialty similar to the GS-1102 series on or before September 30, 2000.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience in contract negotiation strategies and techniques, pre-award, post-award, contract price/cost analysis, contract administration and statutory provisions, regulations and procedures to perform a variety of complex procurement functions.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 14 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.