Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
For information on qualification requirements, see Qualification Standards Handbook for General Schedule Positions viewable on the web at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Or Education: Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree.
Or a Combination: Education and experience may be combined to meet the basic qualifications; for example, a half year of experience and a half year of graduate education beyond the first year in the field may be qualifying.
Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement.
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Knowledge of accepted museum collections management methodology and practices related to small, medium, and large aeronautical and space related artifacts.
- Knowledge of museum object handling and storage standards for a widely varied aeronautical and space artifact collection.
- Ability to use specialized computer programs to input artifact related data into the collections information database.
- Skill in the use of stationary and power hand tools used in the preservation, storage, moving, or transporting of artifacts.
- Skill in operating material handling equipment, such as forklifts; scissor lifts; Aerial Work Platforms and similar equipment.
- Ability to communicate in writing for the purpose of writing and documenting physical descriptions of artifacts or digital material in accordance with procedures and established standards and communicating with staff within and outside the unit.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation