INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC)
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Anticipates problems and obstacles associated with moderately complex projects and proactively develops creative solutions to address them prior to implementation.
2. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to complex questions in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
3. Takes a lead role to build collaborative working relationships across Defense Intelligence Agency by encouraging colleagues to engage team members and others on specific or general issues.
4. Experience with Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) 1253, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-37 Risk Management Framework (RMF) and other related IC and Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance (IA) policies and directives.
5. Provides quality customer support in a high operational tempo environment, adjusts quickly to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Experience with Risk Management Framework automated workflow and scanning tools.
2. Experience drafting, reviewing, and commenting on staffing packages, tasking responses, and Assessment Authorization packages.
3. Experience drafting, reviewing, and commenting on Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and other Information Assurance policy and instruction documents.
All Applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements in order to be considered for this position:
Requirements may be met either through Education and/or Experience and/or a combination of both.
All academic degrees and coursework must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions. The coursework must be either undergraduate or graduate and must include a minimum of 24 semester hours in one, or a combination of the following: computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management.
GG-07 : One (1) full year of graduate level education; or Bachelor's degree with superior academic achievement
GG-09: Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree; OR two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree
GG-11 and above: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree; OR three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
• Must be IT-related (paid or unpaid);
• May have involved the completion of specific and intensive training (for example, IT certification);
• Should have equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and should have been gained in the same or related field as the work of the position being filled;
• Should have been gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern was IT;
• Should consist of at least one year at a level equivalent to the next lower GG level;
• Must have demonstrated each of the following four competencies:
1. Attention to detail: thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail;
2. Customer Service: works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations, knows about available products and services and is committed to providing quality products and services;
3. Oral Communication: effectively expresses information, takes into account the audience and nature of the information, makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues and responds appropriately;
4. Problem Solving: identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and makes appropriate recommendations.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI