OFFICE AUTOMATION ASSISTANT
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position less than 10%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Proficiency Requirement: You must be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
Specialized Experience for the GS-06: In addition to meeting the typing proficiency requirement, you must have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-05 or equivalent level. Specialized experience includes performing a wide variety of administrative support functions such as selecting the most appropriate office automation software (word processing, spreadsheet, and databases); retrieving, manipulating and sorting electronic data; preparing, editing and formatting of complex documents and reports; making travel arrangements; reviewing mail and preparing draft response prior to routing to appropriate person; files management and customer support/telephone coverage; OR providing a variety of support services such as updating and maintaining automated information systems, software updates, equipment configuration, user access support, and related functions.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience for the GS-06: You may substitute six (6) months of graduate level education which is directly related to the work of the position. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
- The Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security and thrift savings; health, life and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. DCAA employees enjoy our business-casual dress code, flexible work schedules, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to telecommute.
- Additional Vacancies: This announcement may be used to fill additional positions within 90 days of the closing date.
- Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 2 years if one has not already been completed.
- Travel: Some travel may be required. Travel is typically local; however, some overnight travel may be required.
- Veterans Preference: If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 member copy 4 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans' preference go to: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
- Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov ).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. . For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP): You may be eligible for MSP, if you are the spouse of an active duty military member and you are ranked among the best qualified for this vacancy.
- Reemployed Annuitant: does not meet the criteria. This vacancy does not meet the criteria identified in DoDI 1400.25 VOLUME 300, Section 3 for the appointment of annuitants. Veterans preference eligibles receive consideration regardless of their annuitant status.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
- Employment Eligibility Verification (E-Verify) Program: DCAA uses E-Verify to determine eligibility for employment as a U. S. Citizen.
- Background Investigation: All selectees will be subject to a personnel security investigation which must be favorably adjudicated for occupancy of a sensitive position and/or access to classified information. If you are selected for a critical/special sensitive position, you will be subject to a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). For a critical sensitive position, you must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility at the Top Secret level. For a special sensitive position, you must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility at the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level AND you will be subject to a random counterintelligence scope polygraph.
- For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will initially be reviewed to determine whether you meet the minimum eligibility and qualifications requirements. If you are qualified, you will then receive a rating based on the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities for the position listed below. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications, you will be assigned a rating commensurate with your background. Your application will be placed in one of three categories:
- Best Qualified: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or is recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Highly Qualified: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience.
- Qualified: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only.Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Attention to Detail
- Office Automation
- Technology Application
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10139302 Read more Security clearance Other